Friday, October 13, 2006

Deciding to Have a Positive Attitude

Last night, I was lying awake in my bed in the middle of the night. I was not a happy camper. Certain events at work had me worried and I was loosing sleep over it. In my mind I was continuing my complaining about the situation.

At a certain point, I made a conscious decision that I was going to change my attitude to a positive one and I began focusing on what I had control over.

In a matter of a few minutes, I began to think about possible solutions that I could implement the following morning (today!). Of course, I got up from bed, went to my Franklin planner and noted these ideas.

With these new solutions, I began feeling much better and went to sleep a few minutes later. It was like if I had begun pointing the nose of my plane above the horizon!

Without being oversimplistic, this goes to show that in most situations, we don't always choose the contexts that we're in, but we always have a choice of our attitude.

Do you have situations that you've experienced when you decided to choose to have a positive attitude?

What difference did it make for you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home