Friday, October 20, 2006

On the Importance of Leadership - Part II

In a previous post, I made a point about the importance of leadership for the creation of value - read it here. I highlighted the impact that Bill Gates and Warren Buffet were having on thousands of wealthy Americans.

Well, it looks like this type of behaviour is not a 21st century thing. Following is a quote from Henry Ford that says it all:

"The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life."

In my opinion, whether you like Henry Ford or not, this sentence represents the very essence of capitalism. I'm all for people aiming at achieving and reaching their best. It's just that I believe that it cannot be done for the sole purpose of fulfilling narcistic needs.

How many Porsches 911 can one drive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home