Saturday, October 28, 2006

Creating Value Simply by... Walking!

Some times, the simplest of things can make a difference. In previous posts, I wrote about how a simple smile can make a difference; how the words that we chose have an impact on and around us; or how the attitude that we choose to have towards a daily thing like the weather can affect us and those around us.

Walking is one thing that I have been doing for many years is making a big difference in my own life. I also like to believe that it's a small positive contribution to our environment.

My wife and I have decided that we would be living in the city instead of the suburb of Montréal. This in turn enables us to own only one car. We make a point to use this vehicle as efficiently as possible. Not only is it cheaper on gas, but it lowers our emissions of pollutants.

Part of this allows me to walk part of the distance to my work. So, three or four times per week, I walk 40 to 50 minutes to my workplace.

This gives me an opportunity to do a little low-impact exercise and take fresh air as I do my best to walk through some of our city's beautiful parks. But what I appreciate the most of this time is the opportunity to have a few minutes all to myself and reflect on the various situations in my life.

A simple thing that makes a big difference for me and a small contribution to our planet.

Do you have any simple activities that you do that, like my morning walk, can make a difference?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home